Monday, March 15, 2010

What to do, what to do...........

Anyone who knows me, knows that I tend to OVER think things. Yes, anxiety is my middle name! Part of my anxious issues includes always having a plan for vacation. I mean planning down to where we eat each meal and what we're doing each day. Well, I'm trying to "live in the moment" and I purposefully haven't planned every tiny detail out this trip! I do have a few dining choices up my sleeve, but otherwise, I'm winging it.

So, therein lies the issue! What should we do today? Well, the only things we bandied about were that Den really wants to tour the USS Midway. My dad thought that sounded good too, as his brother Russ was stationed on the Midway during VN. So the guys are going to do that sometime and my Mom and I wanted to hit all the really cool resale shops around here.....one of my fav's is just off the beach. I am wondering if it's still there.

I don't know when we'll go but I think it will be fun! I am trying hard to "let go...." and I am pretty sure it's not supposed to be a thing you "try" to do!!!! Eh, we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. ok, you need to travel with me then... Half the fun is winging it and you never know what you might discover. (Then again, it means you may wind up spending the night in your car, or starving, or.........)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, it stems from childhood dontcha know? But we had a 27 ft. motorhome so you always had a place to sleep! You just never knew what might be outside the door!

    ReplyDelete