Thursday, September 16, 2010

And so it goes.......

So here we are and McKenna is home.  She's not really telling me a lot about what's going on in her mind.  I think she's talking to Amy though and I have to be okay with that!  I guess the "Mom knows nothing" years have begun early.  I only hope that means she'll emerge from that phase early too!

I won a 90 minute massage and 90 minute facial from my salon (shameless plug here:  Dolce Salon & Spa!)  So I have that to look forward to on Monday.  Considering I got a massage right before Kenna's hospital journey, I'm glad I won one as that one seems to have been a very, very long time ago.  Then they had a deal on a pedicure I just couldn't pass up so I booked that for Saturday morning.  I think that will make me feel much better!

The entire family has been coming over most every day to help us go through the house and super clean, sort and organize it.  I can't believe we've only lived here for 6 years....we have accumulated over 20 years worth of "stuff!"  It does feel much better purging everything.  I even find myself going back over things I thought I'd keep three months ago and NOW I'm tossing them in the GO pile!  There will be a few fantastic Non Profs who will benefit from our largess!

I am so glad to have Kenna home. I am blessed to have such an intelligent, artistic, gifted child.  She has empathy for others and is just amazing!  Not a day goes by that I don't learn something from her.   One of the things that I have started to change is taking time doing some things for myself.  That's why I'm going to the salon for "me" treatments!  Den and I are taking time for US.  We are making sure to show our love for each other every day.  It's amazing how you can get so caught up in the daily crap that you start treating each other in less than nice ways!

Well, I guess I am shedding my proverbial skin and beginning anew!  New organized house, new treatment for my hubby and a daughter who continues to amaze me daily!  I guess learning that YOU are worthy of a little pampering can lead to unexpected results!

No comments:

Post a Comment